Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I stop my two and half year old and my four year old from from chewing their nails?

They are 2/4 and bite nails and constantly have fingers in their mouths anytime they are bored it seems. Who can keep them busy at all times?.How do I stop my two and half year old and my four year old from from chewing their nails?
I bought this little liquid called Thum and you apply it on their nails at least 3 times a day. It too me doing it 3 days for my 3 year old to stop completely! It is a small bottle and you can find it in the pharmacy's in the baby section. It cost me abot 6 bucks.





Good LuckHow do I stop my two and half year old and my four year old from from chewing their nails?
Try entertaining them with something you think they may enjoy. I've always chewed my nails since i was little and when i get nervous or upset. I still do. Sometimes it helps calm me down.Even when my nails are painted.
i ALWAYS bit my nails


my mom got the nasty tasy stuff to put on it, but i think she got it in englan


if they are girls


it actually realy helped me if my nails were painted


honestly its not that big of a deal because i grew out of it
I'm a whole lot older than they are and I still chew my nails. Given that myself and two other nail biters I know stopped biting nails when given antidepressants, I would be pretty confident to say that it is due to anxiety. The younger one could be doing it because of learning it from the 4 year old, but that's a bit of a stretch. What is causing the anxiety? In my family, there was frequent yelling, even from very young (I was not the one being yelled at). I still overreact to yelling as an adult. So, I had an actual reason. Don't know if one is necessary though.





Yes, I tried every method already suggested to stop chewing nails.
make them wear gloves
i have chewed my ails for as long as i can remember an let me tell you, one of my biggest mistakes. if they are girls paint their nails, then when they go to bit them it taste bad or put a clear coat on non toxic of course and well if they are boys i really don't know what to tell you sorry!=( make something u like if you keep chewing your nails they will fall of or something to scare them.
paint their nails. that's what got me to stop, because it tastes so bad. if girls, let them pick the color (they'll think it's fun to get manicures), if boys clear polish is usually best (if they refuse, paint their fathers nails lol) good luck :)
there are a couple of cool ways to keep kids from biting their nails...my parents...





-painted my fingernails


-put nasty/disgusting stuff on my fingertips


-put tabasco sauce on my fingertips


-made me wear thoe fingertip gloves.








all these ways helped me stop biting my nails
try nail biting solver


it tastes horrible

No comments:

Post a Comment