Saturday, July 31, 2010

Parents do you yell at your kids for biting there nails or rather ripping them?

I have gotten into the habit of biting my nails and just ripping them my mom yells at me for it and it is aggravating me when she yells at me for something like this. Why is it so wrong anyways. Do you yell are your kids for doing this?Parents do you yell at your kids for biting there nails or rather ripping them?
your nails protect your hands from staph and other germs..you can get really sick if your nails are too short exposing the finger nail base.


Stop THAT.Parents do you yell at your kids for biting there nails or rather ripping them?
My daughter has this problem, so bad that it's hurting her nails and making them bleed. I don't yell at her, i don't hardly ever yell at my kids, i'm not a yeller. But, i have talked to her about it and we are going to put some stuff on her nails to cut the habit short.





It's nasty, it's germy. Do you even know how much stuff you touch a day and how many times someone else has touched that and what they touched, and so on? It's gross. That's why. It's a terrible habit to get into.
I have bit my nails for 23 years and it is becz of my nervous condition. I would bite them so bad that they would bleed. I went to many counselors and tried many different kinds of medications. And nothing helped. Finally.... I got pregnant with my son and I was put on citalopram. During the 9 months I quite biting them and for almost 10 months I have had nails.





My mom would tell me to quite bitting my nails and how bad it was and that my nails would not grow right after I was dne bitting them.





The only thing that I see wrong with bitting your nails is your fingers get sore and red, AND it can give you really bad breath. I always had my fingers in my mouth.





Hope this helps you!





Go to this website and read everything you want to go about nail bitting. It reminds me a lot about me.


The website is:http://health.yahoo.com/beauty-overview/鈥?/a>
I nearly fainted when you mentioned yelling at our sweet little darlings who can do no wrong. These precious cherubim are angels sent from a special warm place to torment our nerves and destroy our homes and annoy us with filthy habits. I'd never stop my kid from bad habits. Why should I? I am only the parent. The kid runs the show these days. Ain't that right Y!A hippies??
Your mom yells at you because it's a bad habit and she doesn't want you to do it anymore. I don't yell at my kids for biting their nails but I explain to them that it's not right to bite their nails, they're much younger than you though.
Honestly, you do not want to get into the habit of nail biting, you get to the point you don't notice it and bite until it is painful and bleeding.
i'm not a parent but i used to have that habit and my mom wouldn't yell at me for doing it. try putting on band aids over your nails or put that nasty tasting nail polish on your nails.
horrible habit! I try to get my little girl to not rip her nails because they sometimes get too short and hurt and get red! They could get infected! Kinda gross really! Try to do something to keep your hands busy and your mind off!
my parents do yell at me yet i don't do it that often only when im really nervous but i think if my kid did it i would also ask him to stop i don't know why maybe one day we all will understand
My husband yells at me for doing this...my parents never did. He also won't kiss me for awhile after he's seen me bite my nails...but he's right...it is a dirty habit.
I wish someone yelled at me for doing that so I didnt have the habit. I hate that I bite my nails, sometimes I dont even notice I'm doing it.
I've seen my oldest do that and it can actually tear into the living pink tissue. That's not a good thing nor does it look nice.
I just say go get the clippers, Yelling about wont change a thing.
Nope, I bite mine too
Not worth the effort, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment